Thursday, November 13, 2014

Strength

This week as I prepared to speak at the Speak Out Sunday event at Ainsworth United Church of Christ, I realized how much strength the darkest experiences of my life have given me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fate sent those experiences on purpose. I just believe that even the most undeserved, negative situations can give rise to something positive. 

Kahil Gibran said, "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." When we are in the middle of our struggles, we can't see how we are growing, learning and gaining strength. 

For me becoming strong wasn't about being stoic, further burying my heart, my emotions, my passions. It has been about learning to stand tall while feeling all of my emotions. It is risking my heart and  trusting myself.

Looking back gives me a chance to see that growth within myself. Gives me an opportunity reinforce my confidence and prepare for the adventure I choose next.

No comments:

Post a Comment